Earth Month Awareness
Earth Month Green Dentistry Berkeley
With Earth Day approaching, we’re sharing our Top Ten list of things we can all do to ease our impact on the planet. Sustainability has always been at the core of our business here at Berkeley dentist Dr. Fred Pockrass’ Transcendentist® office: we’re the first certified green dental office in the country! Won’t you join us and make these easy measures a habit?
- Bring along your Re-Usable water bottle or coffee mug.
- Stash a collapsible, reusable shopping bag in your purse, briefcase, or backpack.
- Refuse handfuls of paper napkins and plastic packets of sauces with to-go orders; better yet, cook more meals at home.
- Loyally patronize local farmer’s markets and local food producers.
- Walk it or bike it. Look for opportunities to leave the car at home. Double benefit here of fitness!
- Organize a clothing swap with friends and give items that no longer suit you a second chance, and keep them out of landfill.
- Trade in that virgin plastic toothbrush for one made from recycled or renewable materials, like bamboo.
- Be meticulous with your recycling and trash. Check the bottom of plastic items to be sure they are recyclable. Collect biodegradable food waste and compost. Make your “trash can” the smallest one in your home.
- Eliminate or reduce the animal products in your diet. The evidence is undisputed that a plant-based diet is best for the planet.
- Invest in non-profit or charitable organizations that align with your values.
If you want to learn more about what we do to protect the Earth in our practice or to schedule your appointment with Berkeley dentist Dr. Fred Pockrass, Transcendentist® call 510-841-3040 today!